I just know my girlfriend is going to kill me. 60g cichlid journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey bro I never said you were wrong... I just don't think it is twisting. The stand is perfectly level and the tank is as well. Their is only so much I can do with the floor and with a backboard and no cross supports, shimming the front legs is the best bet. I mean, I can update it now that it has settled with a picture... Tell me what you think. I'm just saying a lot of people deal with it instead of fixing and they have had no issues. Take another look.

Left side #1
Right side #2

It is level side to side so is the stand. Stand is also level front to back. Water level is impossible to spot now that it is close to perfect so I am thinking perhaps the trim is uneven on the right side??? I've heard that is common.. No need to condescend uploadfromtaptalk1426846152712.jpgI know full well the consequences but I've done what I can to lessen the risk... Much better than before.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1426845926975.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426845926975.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 50
It's not perfectly level, perfectly level would have the bubble splitting the lines....perfectly!! Its fine though, I offered my advice, take it or leave it.. there is always a way to make something right, just may take a little more time and effort is all. I'll tell you though.. nothing worse than walking in and wondering why your tank is only half full.. and the floors wet?? Tanks can twist and crack. I can attest to that fact first hand!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, I think I could've, but honestly I just kind of... I dunno dude, I was satisfied. I mean you sound like you've gotta helluva lot more know how in this department then me... So come on dude, don't that look like it'll be okay? I mean the seals are new glass is incredibly thick and the stand is new load bearing and level itself. It's not PERFECT but how do tons of people just leave theirs uneven???? With no problems... Hit or miss I guess, but wouldn't you say I'm closer to that than catastrophe? You may have had a heart attack originally lol... The bubble was completely to the right!!!

BTW it's the stand itself that is leveled, when the leveler is atop the rim it says it's not. That's why I said everything is perfect... And it could be the rim :/

I appreciate your advice and noticing you're a carpenter I will eat my shoe one day if it cracks, but yeah. I'm satisfied for now... I live in an older model apartment lol, not like they're jumping out their seats to redo my floors ha

New journal time...? Picked up this 110g for 100 bucks. uploadfromtaptalk1426897341338.jpg

Haha we got it set up right brother. She's perfect :)

What's going to be swimming in there man?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I dunno.... This is a hard decision!! I kinda want red Devils...or an Oscar.. Or frontosas... I dunno!!! It's a hard choice... Need more tanks lol. I have always wanted a large predator, but I hear people begin to resent that decision when it bores them. I don't knooooow :( I'm broke, now so it'll be empty... For a while lol.

More room for activities.. Hahahaha. Celeb man, join local fb groups. I picked this up from a guy on a local AZ cichlid group. He had a 75g bow with stand and canapy for 175. Full setup. He's a crazy fish guy like me lol

I dunno.... This is a hard decision!! I kinda want red Devils...or an Oscar.. Or frontosas... I dunno!!! It's a hard choice... Need more tanks lol. I have always wanted a large predator, but I hear people begin to resent that decision when it bores them. I don't knooooow :( I'm broke, now so it'll be empty... For a while lol.

48 x 18 foot print if so to small for a front IMO and a red devil is an Amphilophus!!! Oscar should work also.
My midevil. Hes hitting the 6" mark was 3 when I got him 3 months ago.
img_3188343_0_efe238cc297197df97562837b3484670.jpg

I wonder who suggested that fish Mike ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

LOL I don't know maybe some freaky dude! Mine starting to get some height and thickness to him. I'm seeing the change from juvie to adult shape.

Crap. I really wanted to do a few fronts. It's 48x18x30. That guy is beautiful...decisions decisions..

Crap. I really wanted to do a few fronts. It's 48x18x30. That guy is beautiful...decisions decisions..

I have always wanted to do them too. Beautiful but I really think they need a 6ft tank. I believe they can hit 16" IDK if that tank is long enough. I would do some research on them.

I have always wanted to do them too. Beautiful but I really think they need a 6ft tank. I believe they can hit 16" IDK if that tank is long enough. I would do some research on them.

I'd say 6' 180 minimum for frontosa of any collection point

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom