I just sealed my co2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And do I split the sugar like you do with the yeist? Like 1/2 in one bottle another half in the other one?

it depends on the size bottle you use and the size tank your using it. the 1 cup of sugar and 1/8 tbs yeast works for 10 gallons mine is 20 so thats why i have 2 bottles with that amount.

Sorry for being annoying But last question -How exactly do I activate the yeist?

warm water activates it thats why i put it in a cup with 104 degree water first for 5-10 minutes and then it feeds off the sugar after that. its the same concept as making bread, you activate the yeast first in warm water

Is it okay if I put it in the bottle with warm water But the sugar is already in the bottle.. did I ruin it?

The best way to activate yeast is to mix in into warm water 95-104 anything hotter and it will kill the yeast anything lower it won't want to activate once its mixed in well add about a tsp of sugar to feed it and mix it in do that first and in a seperate cup then sterilize your bottle and mix in the rest of the sugar and water into the bottle meanwhile occasionally stir up the yeast untill it makes either a foam layer or some decent bubbles it usually takes 10min then pour it into your bottle give it a good shake and within 8 hrs you should be getting co2. My mixtures produce co2 in 4 hours and last 2-3 weeks when I do it this way. But I have experimented with different ratios and should you to get what works best for you.

When I shook the bottle air bubbles were coming out of the cap so I sealed it in that spot.. so does that mean it's working?

When I shook the bottle air bubbles were coming out of the cap so I sealed it in that spot.. so does that mean it's working?

I replied on the other thread you posted with a CO2 recipe but did not emphasize the part about activating the yeast.
If you do multiple bottles, check valves are helpful; placed appropriately, it will allow you to remove one of the bottles (for refilling) without depressurizing the system.

I just got bubbles coming out of my co2 now it's stopped. There is water in front if the check valve and a little in it. This shouldn't matter should it?

Check if there are any leaks. I just prepared my first diy co2 and did not see any bubbles getting into the tank. I also saw that water was being sucked into the solution bottle which made me think that there was a leak. The solution started bubbling right after mixing the ingredients so something was amiss. I gently squeezed the solution bottle and heard a whistling sound. Well, there was a leak! I used more silicone to sealed the tubing-cap section and bubbles were coming out fast. Check for leaks.

I was using that check valve but water kept being sucked in ( trough the check valve) I replaced with one that i had and it is working much better. Try removing that check valve a see if it works.

Back
Top Bottom