I smell catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evan20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering if porthole catfish and a banjo catfish are peaceful with 3 inched tetras?

They should be safe. Just keep a school of portholes because they are social

The bumblebee catfish should be ok.

It should be fine but what are you after? Tank size & set up is also important. Bumble bee are nocturnal & shy so if you're looking for visual interest this wouldn't be the fish for you.

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/pseudomystus-siamensis/

Catfish in general are great but some are shy, some are HUGE, most will eat anything they can fit in their mouths. Some require large footprints so large tanks, some school & don't do well alone. Good thing there are tons of types out there to choose from.

My bumblebees have little territorial disputes whenever they cross paths, locking jaws with eachother.

However, they won't bother eachother when there's food around. Actually, they come out the instant food is in the water, regardless of the light being on and off. I guarantee you'll see them everytime you feed your fish, unlike zamoras that won't even move until lights out.

There are two kinds of bumble bees, the one that the poster above mentioned, and mine, which stays relatively small.

Attachments

• image-2285625077.jpg
    image-2285625077.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 56
  • image-3958604068.jpg
    image-3958604068.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom