I think my betta has dropsy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes :)

Oh no! I tried to feed her before the catfish just now. She isn't coming to the top like Bubbles did to eat (he always would come right up!) -- at least not yet (I hope she will). Her 2 pellets sank.

I then dropped in the catfish food. She is happily gobbling it up! Ugh!

I hope the catfish can go into the 10g tomorrow. I really hope that this feeding issue gets better in the 10g.

The catfish are getting some food now which is good, but, grrr miss piggy!!

And now a catfish is trying to eat a betta pellet. I hope he doesn't hurt himself!

Beats having a Mr. Picky like mine, who refuses pellets and often just won't eat. He wants live food most and frozen is clearly the poor Betta's poor substitute. He'll eat a bit of it, but not much. He likes black worms, flies, fly larvae, and since the blackworms came with some small leeches, I"m going to see if he'll eat those. He likes variety best, picky critter that he is.

Good luck with her.

Aw man! We are going to try frozen with them sometime soon here.

I'm just concerned she'll eat way too much and them not enough.

I'm hoping she'll like Bubbles log and hopefully we can feed her in there. He was starting to get the hang of it before he passed away. I just don't want her stuffing herself and the catfish not getting enough.

::sigh::

Hopefully when they all have twice as much space it'll be better. At least we have the 5g if she has to be alone though.

This one catfish WON'T give up on the betta pellet. ::sigh::

And thank you :)

Aw dang!

After dosing the tank to about 3-4ppm ammonia, 24 hours later (just now tonight) this is what I get:
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 2 (I think, there's a fine line between 2 and 5)
Nitrate 10ppm

Last night, about 3 days after dosing the tank to 1ppm, this is what I had:
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5

So maybe the catfish can't go in tomorrow :(. I'll restest everything in the morning.

Also when we were trying to treat Bubbles with pimafix, we took the filter cartridge out, but we put it in a ziploc bag w water. It was at about 72degrees room temp. Maybe that killed off some bacteria? We put it back in after he passed and after changing the water.

I want to move everyone soon!

Nitrite in 10g tank was 0 this morning, and it was 2 10hrs ago :)

Ammonia still 0 and nitrate 10.

Dosing the tank again and we'll see what it's like in 24 hours. It would probably be safe to put them in now (after a water change of course) but I want to dose one more time and see how it checks out! I think the bio filter is still great though!

Catfish should be able to be moved soon :D

5g just got a 2.5 gallon water change :)
Ammonia was maybe .12 and nitrite maybe .12 :/

Thanks! Just making sure the cycle is good :). I think it'll be ok to put all the catfish in at once, I don't really want to separate them. Then her a week or two later.

No. I also had a suggestion from another friend that I really like. We'll see. Still no name yet, just Miss Betta.

Awwww. You haven't fasted him at all, or just this week?

No. I also had a suggestion from another friend that I really like. We'll see. Still no name yet, just Miss Betta.

Awwww. You haven't fasted him at all, or just this week?

At all. We're getting new windows which means he gets covered by the towel of doom lol.

Back
Top Bottom