I think one of my cories has anchor worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missmonday

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey,

I didn't take a picture because it'd be too hard to see with only my phone, but I noticed one of my cories has I think three or four little white threads on its dorsal and tail fin. I haven't noticed any on any other fish.

My tank is medium/heavily planted so it's really difficult for me to take any fish out, especially since cories are so active! The cory in question is still very active, doesn't appear to be ill/lethargic etc.

I don't have tank params on hand, but the temp is 76F and it's been up and running since August. I have prazipro on hand, should I dose when necessary for a week or two?

Prazipro is shrimp/snail and BB safe, correct?

Thanks! I just wanna try to get a hold of things before it gets out of hand.

You have to catch that cory and pull the worms off with tweezers. The worms are kind of hard to see out of water. If you dont pull the cory out and pull off the worms then they will lay eggs and all your fish will get infected.

How am I to know that ALL of my fish aren't possibly infected? Shouldn't I try to treat the whole tank...?

I can't really give cories a salt bath :( But I think it might be anchor worms. There aren't very many though, and they're very small, so I think if I get treatment soon I can stop it before it kills any of my fish.

I'm looking at hikari cyropro and microbe-lift lice & anchor worm.
But the thing is, I have 2 assassin snails and 11 amano shrimp that I don't want to kill!! Does anyone have experience with either medication? I can pick up the microbe-lift one tomorrow on my way home, but I'll have to order cyropro off of Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom