I want to see pictures of tanks with sand!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xcuter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
If anyone got pictures of their tanks with sand in it please can u post and tell what kinda sand it is.

f8249b03.jpg

This is Sahara Sand mixed with some of Eco-Complete's African Cichlid Mix.

i have pictures of my 55 gal. with plain white quartz sand from the hardware store (sandblasting sand; $8 for 50lbs.) in my gallery. just click on my gallery link on the left.

Looks awesome, Tankgirl.

Is that structure completely glued together or something? :D

What fish do you keep in there or will you keep in there?

Most of that structure is glued together. The pic was taken shortly after I stocked it with 3 juvie Labidochromis caeruleus (yellow labs) and three Aulonocara sp. (peacocks), but they were in their hiding stage so you can't see them, 'cept for the yellow blur in the center of the tank. The rocks are not actually on the sand itself, but are on eggcrate placed on the bare bottom, and the sand spread around the rocks after they were in place, so that any digging by the Africans would not disturb the rocks in any way.

You got me, Eagle-Eyes, that is the dial-ring for my Ebo-Jager non-submersible heater, and is part of the reason I have that silly plastic plant in there - to be hidden! Drat - back to the drawing board....

DCP_0546.JPG

Its not done yet but thats the beginning of my 55.

Just plain HD play sand washed off many many times...

It's just texas holey rock. I like to take smaller peices and stack them together, kind of like legos. I really like that peice though. It's four peices forming a little horse shoe with one on top for a roof. The kulih loaches took all the little holes and our bigger pleco, sparky lives in the U. It's pretty neat.

Mine's in my gallery. The rocks are arranged differently now, after I'm done unpacking all my stuff from moving I'll get a picture of the updated tank.

they have that texas holey rock for sale on ebay all the time. i think it's recommended for cichlid tanks though, because it affects pH?????

Back
Top Bottom