Ichs all gone but.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yellowjacket171

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well the Ich spots are all gone on my bleding heart tetra and I don't see any of my other fish coming down with it. I'll still use Rid Ich for about 3 more days and then do a good cleaning and water change. I did loose all three of my new tetras during this(they were the ones with Ich), the last just dying today. I figure the Ich did its toll on the little guy. His fins were really ragged and his tail was almost gone and he was having a hard time swimming. Guess Melafix didn't help him. I seperated him this morning into a quarentine tank to treat the fins but by the afternoon he was swimming side ways and kind of bobbing. So I put him out of his misery by putting him into a bag of ice water. Instant death and I hated to do it. Well I guess its a lesson I learned, QUARENTINE FIRST! Its just ashamed he had to suffer even though I had good intentions. I'm not getting any new fish for the 29 any time soon. I'll just stay away from the fish when I go to Petco.

Aww I'm sorry yellowjacket :( Sucks to have to put a fish down.

I am however, impressed that you were able and willing to give the poor guy surcease when it became necessary.

And yeah, QT is without a doubt one of the most important aspects of our obsession. Up until this week have been really lucky the fish I got came thru QT without a hitch; didn't stop me from QTing new guys tho. Good thing, as I got 5 cardinals on Saturday, and 3 are already dead. I can't imagine what I would have done if that happened in my established 10g planted tank!!

Back
Top Bottom