ick attack (second time)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foxysaving

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 45 freshwater gallon tank and I seem to have ick once more now it seems to be starting off on my mind clown loaches so I'm not sure what I should do as I don't want to lose all three of them again I had it in my 10 gallon and lost nearly all my fish so once I have the 45 all cleaned up I was hoping that I wouldn't get this problem again what should I do

I would raise the temp. i got ich in my tank a few weeks back raising the temperature sure helps.

I also added some "ich attack" and after a week of treatment did a big water change.

Can ich come from a ich less tank? im currently battling ich and have since bought a quarantine tank. I tried ich attack and it failed, im currently using mardel coppersafe.

Yes ick can come from an ickless tank the way it was explained to me is all fish carry ick it just takes something in the enviroment to trigger it such as stress sometimes its as simple as the tank is dirty or your water conditions are out of balance I lost a lot of fish to ick but now I've got it under control rasing the temperatures does help a lot

Back
Top Bottom