Icky Pickle... (Ich)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 2 tank raised that I'm going to leave in my main tank to see if they survive. They're much more beautiful than my others... Way more lush red color. But all of my other tetras are going into the hospital tank tonight.

I'm not quite sure what killed the first fish initially, but I'm almost certain this is ntd. It's matching the symptoms perfectly and it's spread to my rummynoses. I love all my fish so much... This sucks. I should have just ordered from you all Severum... Less heartache, but I was too shy to ask you all

go back to the store where you got the melafix and get the pimafix as well they are supposedly safe to use in conjuction, it sounds as though what's in your tank is particularly virulent. best of luck to you.

Right now the little guys are all in a hospital tank... Not looking so great, but still swimming a bit. Was so hard to catch them all

Don't be disheartened, your fish are lucky to have someone that cares so much for them :)

Corbo said:
I'm trying to do all I can for them. All I can do from now on is hope.

Well that's great! But your also doing a great job with everyone else!

Well, my display tank is ok... Unfortunately I've tried to nurse my tetras back to health with no avail... They're all dying off. Down to only 2 rummynose tetras and a few cardinals with spots on them. I can't tell if they're dying because of poor water quality in hospital tank or because of their sickness. My bet is sickness, this thing is nasty. Several guys still have their mouths open... I'm guessing from the disease infesting their gills. Not sure. I'm probably going to visit my favorite pet store sometime in the near future (1 hour drive) to ease my pain.

But yeah, main tank has great water parameters!

0 ammo
0nitrites
Low nitrates- haven't tested but they're always low and lately I've been doing so many pwc

And my co2 is in the green. Afraid the small bioload in there right now though may have detrimental effects on my bacteria

Well I'm sorry about your tetras, but I'm glad you are takin care of business...and it sounds like retail therapy is EXACTLY what you need! :)

Yes. Retail therapy is my friend. I need another oto AT least. I have 2! They need a bud. Plus I'm sure I'll find other stuff I NEEED. Been trying to find some RCS... As much as I've wanted cardinal tetras this whole experience has upset me. However, I think if I get solely tank raised ones from the pet store I go to, then I'll be fine as opposed to getting the wild caught ones I ordered online.

Totally...I completely agree :) have you talked to fort about RCS? I think he raises them :)

No I havent. If they don't have them where I go, then I certainly may check into that.

It would be really nice to stumble across some crs. Even low grade are cool IMO.

Yes! Haha. RCS are red cherry shrimp and CRS are crystal red shrimp... If I'm not mistaken! The CRS are a bit harder to find and can be very pricey for high grade ones. Check aquabid! Haha. I love browsing that place

Ok...just checking! Lol...ya, I am pretty sure Fort has RCS, and you could always check with HN1 or severum mama too...I'm sure they have great advice

I like both. I'm pretty sure the shop I go to will have them, but like I said, if they dont I wont hesitate to ask someone on here this time.

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but what kind of plant is that in the pictures? Look like some sort of large corkscrew-shaped plant... Really cool!

Batt4Christ said:
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but what kind of plant is that in the pictures? Look like some sort of large corkscrew-shaped plant... Really cool!

Ahh! No problem at all man... All my fish have passed away now anyways and it definitely was neon tetra disease, but I'm happy to help you out!

It's an aponogeton ulvaceus. And can I just say--- I love that plant.

It's a bit over powering in the tank because of it's size, but it's so easy to grow and very hardy. Definitely recommend it to anyone who has room for it

ALL of them died?! Or just your tetras? Well not "just" but you know what I mean...

Back
Top Bottom