ID please, think I know but wanna be sure.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Johanni?

image-1993803638.jpg

image-1453112059.jpg

Some type of "rusty?" This one has a white in the middle of the head and I have one more just like it except the stripe on the head is yellow.

image-3030526949.jpg

#3 looks like ahli??? First two look like demasoni bit they have less and thicker bars. Sorry bro! It's still new to me! Did you get new fish?

#3 looks like ahli??? First two look like demasoni bit they have less and thicker bars. Sorry bro! It's still new to me! Did you get new fish?

Nah... Just never really got ID's on some guys.

I googled johanni cichlid and I'm trying to find the difference.

The third is definately an ahli (electric blue hap). Not sure on the others.

Yeah now I gotta some females. These guys are going at it bad!! Especially now treating ich. The temp is up and so is aggression.

I ended up getting rid of one of the males because he was terrorizing everyone else in the tank. I did end up finding one female locally but am going to have to order some more at some point because you just don't ever seem them around here

I ended up getting rid of one of the males because he was terrorizing everyone else in the tank. I did end up finding one female locally but am going to have to order some more at some point because you just don't ever seem them around here

Yeah I don't even remember where I got them. They must have been babies cause I don't remember them. But now one is bossing the other around.

I just got rid of mine few days ago. He was relentless. Other fish would literally jump out the water. Almost killed 2. Didn't even know what kind of fish he was til he got older. Must've been mixed in with the kenyi I bought.

Attachments

• image-688936446.jpg
    image-688936446.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 67
I just got rid of mine few days ago. He was relentless. Other fish would literally jump out the water. Almost killed 2. Didn't even know what kind of fish he was til he got older. Must've been mixed in with the kenyi I bought.

Beautiful cichlid though! Mine is darker. Darker blue and really black stripes.

image-3822506122.jpg

Not my pic but JUST like this one

My dominant male is bright like your pic convict but with the sub dominant one its hard to even tell there the same species. Only every great once in awhile when he decide to challenge the throne does he color up.

ID Questions

Kinda looks like my kenji......but your fishes colors are more pronounced! I agree with your last post for the ID though . Enjoy !

Back
Top Bottom