Id this coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msuhaizie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can u help me to id this coral? How to keep this coral healthy?

Attachments

• image-2426121369.jpg
    image-2426121369.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 115
  • image-931859538.jpg
    image-931859538.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 120
  • image-1037893519.jpg
    image-1037893519.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 107
To me, it looks like a toadstool coral. They are relatively easy soft corals that will live under most aquarium lights. I have one about your size, but it is pink. Mine doesnt look too good, but that is because they sent me a not very healthy one to begin with (got it online). Since then, it has perked up a bit. Yours looks much better than mine :)

But sometime its look like very unhealthy because of its main body cannot go straight n always bend until its head touch the sand(looks like die already).. Dats a normal behavior or i already facing a problem?

If it's still extending it's polyps it's probably not as close to demise as you might think. With that said, this coral will sometimes retract its polyps for days at end. Generally (if it's requirements are met, basically the right water conditions and sufficient lighting, this is a very hardy soft coral).

If this coral is new, it may need a few days to acclimate to your tank. How long have you had it? When it rebounds it will be able to straighten out.

I had a leather that was pissed for for about 2 months I never saw it extend it's polyps today it still looks a little pissed. I rearranged my tank so I am not for sure what is going on. Leathers tend to get upset if the SG is off as well. That is the first thing I always check.

Back
Top Bottom