Identification needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cluckyholiday

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello can anyone identify these fish? They are stressed and just saved them.
They're tinted orange with a black spot near their tail.
f1dbacb5b768a8ea7bd736ad9dce0294.jpg
730e6b237e6d046df0f3050aeaef1ef7.jpg
b55ea23d74248cccc0f2e479d365d36d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Look like Rosy Barbs to me. The others look like pentazona barbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Although, the one with 2 spots could be a female Odessa barb. Where did you get them from?

The one with 2 spots is definitely an Odessa. See if you can find a faint orange/red line running through the middle.

All three are semi aggressive. Although the pentazona and odessa barbs will do ok.

The rosy barbs on the other hand get pretty big - over 6 inches and will eventually eat the shrimp, probably even now. And the minnows if they fit in their mouth. Platies will do fine with all of them.

OK shall keep them separate. I have a couple of these guys too (pic to follow...any ideas? I thought Cory's )

Got them with a new 2nd hand tank. Didn't want them to get killed or become food for others unnecessarily

The anger is not right for me to fully identify, but I'd say Panda Corys. Very cute fish.

They are usually left alone, even by aggressive fishes. The barbs you have will not mess with them. And they grow a good 2.5 inches

I have attached a better picture I've managed to snap. They seem quiet. There's 2 but the other is hiding away and not moving much - I guess stress?
I plan to re home the barbs as they're not really my style of fish.
750b3c2be48078c7036ff08d0be95b07.jpg

Yup Panda Corys. Could be stress, but they can definitely sit without moving for good periods of time. So I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Hello can anyone identify these fish? They are stressed and just saved them.
They're tinted orange with a black spot near their tail.
f1dbacb5b768a8ea7bd736ad9dce0294.jpg
730e6b237e6d046df0f3050aeaef1ef7.jpg
b55ea23d74248cccc0f2e479d365d36d.jpg

Because the fish are faded, 100% identification may be a bit hard. I believe you are looking at Black Ruby Barbs ( not Pentazonas) and Rosy Barbs however, the barbs with the spots in the front may be another type similar to the Rosey.
Here's some pics to go through: https://www.google.com/search?q=ros..._23PPOAhVIYyYKHQ8lAQkQsAQIIA&biw=1280&bih=620

https://www.google.com/search?q=ros...1280&bih=620#tbm=isch&q=Black+Ruby+Barbs+pics

https://www.google.com/search?q=ros...=1280&bih=620#tbm=isch&q=Pentazona+Barbs+pics

Hope this helps (y)

Back
Top Bottom