I'M BACK!!! And I need to know what plants are slow growing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquariumFreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey Gang,

Haven't been here in a while, was busy getting married :)

Anyhow about a week and a half ago I trimmed my plants WAY down... I'm talking about cutting everything more than half way down, (except for my red plants).

Well in that short time my glosso grew 4" and everything else was out of control. Just trimming the glosso and some of the back plants I filled up a plastic store bag.

I need to know what plants are out there that are slow growing before the new wife starts freaking out :D

I'll try and get some pics up soon, am planing on selling my digi cam so I can get a new one.

Hope to hear from you guys soon,

Jeff
http://www.aquariumfreak.com

Congratulations, Jeff, on the wedding!! It seems like everyone's getting married this month all of a sudden! Pressure's on me!

As for good slow-growers, the Anubias species are quite laid-back...

BTW, you should do your best to sell those trimmings on Aquabid.com or to sell/donate them to members here. I'm sure a lot of ppl would love especially to get their hands on some glosso.

I'd like to get my hands on some glosso.

Anubias and some crypts seem to be pretty slow growing.

You know, seeing that you're becoming quite the plant expert, how about lending out some of that knowledge once in a while? we have a fair amount of new plant people who can really benefit from your experience. why not give it a try? :wink:

Now that the wedding is over I'll get back into the fourm again :)

Not sure how shipping would go but if you guys want some glosso let me know and I'll send some... Right now the lower leaves have turned yellow because of the over growth but I'm sure I can dig some up :)

So I am going to look at some anubias and crypts to replace some of these plants... and believe it or not I am thinking about replacing the glosso. Any ideas of a slow growing ground cover?

Jeff

yeah, i'm interested in getting some glosso actually. pm me your zip i'll figure out shipping.

you could try some anubias nanas, or tiny crypts... your tank is so big you'd need a lot to cover it... maybe look for something that's not a usual 'ground cover' but something to interestingly break up the space. like an anubias and dwarf sword combo

For a comprehensive list of slow growers, I recommend an advanced search on the Tropica website.

Their list is quite extensive, you should be able to find some stuff to your liking. My choice would be micro or pygme swords for the foreground.

HTH
Waffleman

Jeff, with your setup I'm thinking even slow growing plants will still grow pretty fast. Just a hazard of the high light and injected CO2 tank. Kim of AH Supply once told me that at the last AGA convention, a number of guys were backing off of such high light tanks so they wouldn't have to spend so much time trimming and replanting. Thats why he steered me to one 55 watt instead of the two I was thinking of ordering. I say this half in jest :p and LOL. Maybe you could cut some of your photo periods down on part of the lights to slow things a little. Just a wild guess and maybe a bad idea.

I agree with Beto (Yo Bob!). Check into lowering your lighting, maybe stagger them with a couple of timers. Keep in mind you might have to make CO2 adjustments and cut back on ferts some.

Most slow growing plants are going to take off outta control in your set up.

Just look at the monster you've created freak LOL. Congrats on the wedding!

yeah id like some glosso also. you could start yourself a buisness on just glosso lol. if my mom'll let me id like to buy some from u.

Just PM me where you live so we can figure out shipping and let me know also if you have any extra plants... Maybe we'll all start a trading plant fourm :)

Back
Top Bottom