Input on a trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharpy98

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Is there any type of trigger that can be kept in a 50 gal I am planning on an upgrade in a year to two. I only plan to keep a trigger a couple clowns and perhaps 1other fish, some zoo's and thats about it

I would think a that a Humu Picasso Triggerfish , Bursa Trigger, or a Niger Trigger would be ok for a while in a 50. Most places I have seen recommend a minimum of a 75 gallon tank for triggers. Putting triggers with clowns could lead to a problem. I looked at a few compatability charts and they say they can be put together with caution.

I have a niger trigger in a 55, will be adding a humahuma most likely. They dont grow really fast and by the time I want another tank, the triggers will be a good reason to get one :)

Right now, 4 sw and 2 fw are plenty.

thanks for the input you get alot of conflicting opinions on this subject. I think I am going to go with a small niger trigger and see how it goes thanks again

I have both a Niger and Picasso in 2 seperate tanks, both are housed with a clown or two. So far no problem. I think the triggers will nip at the zoos though.

I would go with a bluejaw triggerfish. Small in max size, not aggressive at all. and beautiful coloration.

Back
Top Bottom