International shippings??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kishore

Aquarium Advice Activist
I live in India. They have LFS here. But they have only common types of fish. I couldn't house anything beyond that.So, does anybody here know a site that does international shipping? Help needed soon...

You could go to Aquabid and order killifish eggs from Thailand. They will ship internationally. Can't think of the name of the seller at this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could go to Aquabid and order killifish eggs from Thailand. They will ship internationally. Can't think of the name of the seller at this time.

I am seeing it right now Brenna. Thanks again. But I would like to get other fishes like tetras, cichlids, platys etc.,

Normally your LFS can order fish in for you. I know that you could theoretically ship fish and plants from the US or any other country overseas, but it would cost a small fortune and the fish would probably be DOA anyway. Check out Aquabid, as above posted some people do ship internationally.

In the USA you can buy fish from another country but they have to go through a licensed person called a trans shipper. I've done it before and as Nils mentioned it's pretty expensive. This fish do go through a lot of stress during their trips and some don't make it.

Other tank stuff I've ordered from any site (mainly US) that will ship to Australia. Main problem hasn't been the shipping cost or speed (although can be slow) but getting it through quarantine here.

Yes here in the USA we have invasive plant restrictions in many of our states and so some plants are illegal to send through the mail. There are a lot of sellers of plants also on Aquabid that will ship anywhere but I am not familiar with the laws of India on shipping plants.

Yes here in the USA we have invasive plant restrictions in many of our states and so some plants are illegal to send through the mail. There are a lot of sellers of plants also on Aquabid that will ship anywhere but I am not familiar with the laws of India on shipping plants.

Oh, Brenna. I am surfing through internet to find if there are any restrictions. But I think there wont be any. Tell some plants that aren't allowed there..??

Yeah, I found it. Some species are prohibited from importing. But these are like banana, cocoa, coconut or palm and that too from particular countries. So, I hope there's nothing in between!!

Normally your LFS can order fish in for you. I know that you could theoretically ship fish and plants from the US or any other country overseas, but it would cost a small fortune and the fish would probably be DOA anyway. Check out Aquabid, as above posted some people do ship internationally.

I've ordered plants from Europe through eBay lol. I had one package get stolen by customs for like a week and ended up with a bag of mushy melted plants. Other arrived on time and just fine.

Caleb

Oh, Brenna. I am surfing through internet to find if there are any restrictions. But I think there wont be any. Tell some plants that aren't allowed there..??

Here each state has its own laws about invasive and illegal plants. Each state also has laws about what fish a person can have. The state of Maine is very strict. Snake heads are illegal in all of the USA. I can't remember names of the plants illegal in my state (Indiana) right now but if you are curious I could always look it up.

I would be very interested to see pictures of your fish shops and to know what kinds of fish they sell there.

I would be very interested to see pictures of your fish shops and to know what kinds of fish they sell there.

Ok, Brenna. Next time when I visit my LFS, I will also have pictures.

I myself have never heard of anything such as Aquarium Society Clubs. By the way, what's that actually?

Those are clubs or organizations where people meet regularly (e.g.- once a month) and conduct activities geared around aquarium keeping. These activities may include presentations by guest speakers, club updates and business, auctions, raffle and door prizes, field trips to exhibits and collection sites, etc.
These events are a great opportunity to meet other folks with common interests and discuss aquarium related (and non-aquarium) things. Some societies have a broad interest range (general aquarium keeping) and others are more specific (catfish, cichlids, reef, plants, pond, etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom