Invertebrate tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stick with easy low light plants. Shrimp can do CO2 but you can kill them if you are new to high tech and your PH swings too much.

Low light/low tech. Basic ferts and weekly PWCs.

Java Ferns
Moss Balls
Anubias
Crypts

RCS are easiest Shrimp. Skip other kinds till they are established IMHO. Bamboo Shrimp need high flow and are filter feeders. 1 per 20g or at most 2. But I'd hold off. They are sensitive.

You can have Ottos but almost ANY other fish will eat baby Shrimp. Sparkling Gouramis will for sure ! So if you want to see your babies out and about , no fish but Otos. Maybe Threadfin Rainbows later ( tiny mouth/throat).

I regret adding fish to my Shrimp Jungle. I love my fish, but I miss seeing Shrimplets. I still get a few survivors but not many.

I have CO2 on it right now 18" 15W blub a Fluval U2 underwater filter 100W heater and a bubbler do i need any thing different??

How many cherry red shrimp could i get and could i put in 2 micro crabs with them?

How many cherry red shrimp could i get and could i put in 2 micro crabs with them?

If there are no fish you can start with 10-20 and if they are happy you'll have 100 soon. 10 Shrimp per gallon is about max stocking in a planted tank. They have low bioload, but need stable conditions and good water. They don't need a lot of heat. You can trade or sell the extra.

If there are no fish you can start with 10-20 and if they are happy you'll have 100 soon. 10 Shrimp per gallon is about max stocking in a planted tank. They have low bioload, but need stable conditions and good water. They don't need a lot of heat. You can trade or sell the extra.

Oh okay i think ima go with 15-20 and could i put like 2-3 micro crabs in with them?

Now for types of snails! Any recomendations except apple snail and mysterie snail?

Stick with easy low light plants. Shrimp can do CO2 but you can kill them if you are new to high tech and your PH swings too much.

Low light/low tech. Basic ferts and weekly PWCs.

Java Ferns
Moss Balls
Anubias
Crypts

RCS are easiest Shrimp. Skip other kinds till they are established IMHO. Bamboo Shrimp need high flow and are filter feeders. 1 per 20g or at most 2. But I'd hold off. They are sensitive.

You can have Ottos but almost ANY other fish will eat baby Shrimp. Sparkling Gouramis will for sure ! So if you want to see your babies out and about , no fish but Otos. Maybe Threadfin Rainbows later ( tiny mouth/throat).

I regret adding fish to my Shrimp Jungle. I love my fish, but I miss seeing Shrimplets. I still get a few survivors but not many.

What are ferts??

Nerite ... only 1 or it will starve

Malaysian Trumpet Snails (MTS) they can overbreed , but they keep substrate aerated and are hard to kill

Ramshorns Snail

Pond/Bladder Snail

I was thinking about getting like 3 orange rabbit snails or 3 white spotted rabbit snails and 1 black horned nertie

I was thinking about getting like 3 orange rabbit snails or 3 white spotted rabbit snails and 1 black horned nertie

Sounds like too many. Nerites only eat certain Algae unless you can get them on veggies. So it will starve with too much competition.

Rabbit snails get to 3" and some eat plants. Also they like warmer water.

I'd do a Nerite after tank is established and skip Rabbit Snails. But that's me.

Sounds like too many. Nerites only eat certain Algae unless you can get them on veggies. So it will starve with too much competition.

Rabbit snails get to 3" and some eat plants. Also they like warmer water.

I'd do a Nerite after tank is established and skip Rabbit Snails. But that's me.

Oh okay the tank has been established since september just to let you know so im gonna get 1 black horned nertie

Im starting to take out my fish can i put my glass knife with my cichlids? Or my banjo catfsih in with them?

Back
Top Bottom