Invertebrate tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need a temporary place to put them because im waiting for my 150W heater that my boss ordered for my 30 gallon witch is where im putting my fish from my 20 gallon

Why take them out before you get your heater ??
And you did read Glass Knives get big and like a group ? Recommended tank 100g ?

GL

And you did read Glass Knives get big and like a group ? Recommended tank 100g ?

GL
Yes i did read that but my boss has been raising fish since he was 5 years old and he told me they grow extremly slow and when ever i want to upgrade my tank he will sell me a tank for $1 or less per gallon

GL

And because i sont know if they are trying to eat my little cherry shrimp my boss gave me

And because i sont know if they are trying to eat my little cherry shrimp my boss gave me

Put shrimp in a breeder box with plants to hide in. Don't kill your fish to protect your shrimp. Your shrimp can even live in a bowl temporarily with live plants. I don't heat my tanks so mine stay around 66/68 in the winter. Just cover bowl in case Shrimp startles and jumps.

Yes i did read that but my boss has been raising fish since he was 5 years old and he told me they grow extremly slow and when ever i want to upgrade my tank he will sell me a tank for $1 or less per gallon

That's good, but still think ahead when buying fish. At least when I get one, I plan to keep it it's whole life. I never trade or sell my fish. I'm glad you've got options. I don't have space money or time for 100g tank , so I don't buy big fish.

Ok lecture over. Try to keep fish and shrimp safe and healthy till your heater comes in.

still waiting on my heater to come in but in the mean time i got some pics of the shrimp my boss gave me! idk what type can some one tell me?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130128_080615.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130128_080615.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 55
  • ForumRunner_20130128_080634.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130128_080634.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 52
  • ForumRunner_20130128_080647.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130128_080647.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 54
You can have Ottos but almost ANY other fish will eat baby Shrimp. Sparkling Gouramis will for sure ! So if you want to see your babies out and about , no fish but Otos. Maybe Threadfin Rainbows later ( tiny mouth/throat).

I regret adding fish to my Shrimp Jungle. I love my fish, but I miss seeing Shrimplets. I still get a few survivors but not many.

Glad I saw this. I have a medium+ planted tank and I am interested in shrimp. I have golden tetras and long fin blue danios. I think the tetras "might" be okay but the danios are very good at scavenging for eggs (they will dive headfirst into the moss) and I have no fry that make it past a few days. A new tank might be in order.

Attachments

• image-2064526748.jpg
    image-2064526748.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 55
Glad I saw this. I have a medium+ planted tank and I am interested in shrimp. I have golden tetras and long fin blue danios. I think the tetras "might" be okay but the danios are very good at scavenging for eggs (they will dive headfirst into the moss) and I have no fry that make it past a few days. A new tank might be in order.

nice tank!! what type of lighting do you use?

nice tank!! what type of lighting do you use?

Thanks!
Coralife Aqualight 30" dual T 5 normal output. Was on the fence about spending more for high output but since the 20 g long is quite shallow and I was trying to stick to low light and no CO2 (I am using Excel though).

Back
Top Bottom