Is boiling water to hear up wter for waterchange safe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover3578

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I don't want to wit for water to get room temp can I boil it and then test it's temp before adding to tank ?

You could prob do that if you leave a thermometer in there until it gets to your desired temp. Leave it on low it won't take long to raise the temp

Just use the hot and cold control on your tap to get the temperature close to the temperature of your tank.

I did he thermometer up high to gt it fast cuz it was 50% on a 29 g

I mean no disrespect here, but I cannot make heads or tails of this. Please post in complete sentences.

I used a heater in the container I had my water in . I filled it with a garden hose that is a few months old. I used the water for a 50% WC on a 29 gal

I use a 5 gallon bucket under the bathtub spigot and just put my hand to estimate the temperature. Im usually within 1-3 degrees. Hot water heater goes up to 125 degrees. And why do your fish need 212+ ?

The warmer the water is the less oxygen it can hold, so as you increase the temp, the water will shed oxygen.

I was just going to boil water a small amount to bring the rest up to temp. I can't use inside water due to softner system... Oh and my water looks like lake water from outside faucet so I may have to use my parents city water ugh it's kinda green

Back
Top Bottom