Is it unethical to return fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think it is. I've returned fish purely because of their attitude or how they get along with my other fish. I actually returned 3 rams over a period of 2-3 months because of how they got along with my other fish.. Which wasn't good lol. I try and keep the best environment possible for fish, I try and avoid unnecessary aggression at all costs.

I personally wouldn't part with a fish unless I had no other option, I
Don't even know how I am going to part with my angel fry, now that's not an option I don't have room to accommodate 100 angel fish:)

I wouldn't hesitate taking the fish back. The lfs should want to keep you happy.
I have four male Congo Tetra's and they are a hoot! I've heard they will show even brighter colors if you mix at least one female with the males for them to 'show off' to.

Really nothing to do with ethics, I'd call it good customer service. :)

I wouldn't hesitate taking the fish back. The lfs should want to keep you happy.
I have four male Congo Tetra's and they are a hoot! I've heard they will show even brighter colors if you mix at least one female with the males for them to 'show off' to.

Really nothing to do with ethics, I'd call it good customer service. :)

I agree here. My LFS is awesome about returns. I once had an angelfish, it was my dream to have one. I had it for a little over a month and got a Bolivian ram and fell in love with my ram. My angel chased it and pestered it so much I ended up taking my angel back, they were great about it. I've also returned serpaes after having them for two weeks. They were fine for the two weeks then they suddenly turned on everyone in my tank and was chasing and nipping at everyone... Back to the store they went!

I had the same problem with my rosy tetra but it was almost instant. My lfs let me swap them.

Have to say that Congo tetra are so awesome, best tetra.

My favorite lfs is willing to help me with managing the personalities of my tank.
I like that.

Took this picture the other night. I didn't realize that the Congo's had teeth. One thing is for sure, they are ravenous eaters. They'll hog the food if you let them. So fast!

I need to get a female for my four boys to show off to. :brows:

47010-albums11423-picture50211.jpg

Back
Top Bottom