Is my dojo/weather loach normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

illuminum

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had a dojo loach for probably almost a year now and I have this feeling that he's not all that normal. He's always hidden somewhere in the tank and freaks out whenever he sees me or when anything hits the table the tank is sitting on. Whenever he sees me he panics and bolts through the tank hitting anything and everything in its path. He kicks up some of the gravel as well. He's incredibly lethargic all other times. In the spring and beginning of the summer he seemed really happy though. I'd catch him swimming all throughout the tank regulalrly and wasn't as afraid of me nearly as much.

Is my loach socially retarded?

My dojo stays out all the time and will usually sit in the same place and some time swim around the tank. He will freeze in position if I put my finger next to him in the glass and if I tap it he will randomly dart all over the tank.

my dojo is a lilmore cautious then lances. when i put my face near the glass it darts around when i tap the glass it goes into a frenzy for about a minute. my dojo isnt nocternal if that was your question... it might be because the barametric pressure dropped and it goes crazy. my dojo is almost always crazy but when its raining it goes WILD. i see it right now being all it can be and eating all it can eat :D. most of the time i see it staring into the room.

oh yeah my black khuli's go crazy 2 sometimes..

I've had three dojos, and they all acted like normal community fish... In fact, one of them would regularly eat Tubifex out of my hand. I never noticed them to be skiddish or afraid. :?

I have two dojos and both are a little skittish of me if I come up on them too fast. They both will swim all over the tank until they see me coming. One of them will freeze and kind of check me out while the other bolts. I think it's probably a personality issue. As long as he's eating, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Back
Top Bottom