is my goby sick??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zypher

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my hi fin red banded goby looks like he's gasping for air...he's paired with a tiger pistol shrimp currently living underneath a live rock. they're in my quarantine tank for acclimation, currently in there for about 2 weeks both introduced at the same time using a drip for 1.5 hrs...he's been hiding a lot, the only time i see him really is when he feeds..sometimes he hangs out by the opening of the tunnel...there are times where i see him tilting sideways and looks like he's gasping...

tank is 3 months old
tank mates - 1 peppermint, 4 astrea snails, 1 turbo
parameters: temp - 76.0, spg - 1.024, ammo - 0ppm, nitrites - .25ppm, nitrates - 5ppm, PH - 8.2
live rock & live sand
it's a 10 gallon tank with a top fin 10 filter system
pwc was done yesterday

Nitrites are .25 thats very deadly. And that means your tank has not cycles so the other fish in te tank are at risk as well

They'll die most likely. You can't just add a fish to a tank with nitrites or ammonia. Seriously. Now, if this is a quarantine tank, you should have added something from the other tank with beneficial bacteria like a filter pad.

Back
Top Bottom