Is my guppy pregnant? UPDATE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keeper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just curious. My female guppy has a slightly swollen belly with a darker patch towards the rear of the belly near the middle of the body. Is she pregnant? 8O

krap101 said:
sounds so

I agree. That dark spot is called her gravid spot. It shoulk keep getting darker, and her belly more swollen looking. Just keep an eye on her.

Is a female guppy pregnant?... does a bear ___ in the woods? :twisted:
Aren't these little buggers almost always pregnant? I know my mollies were! :roll:

well....since we have the pregnant part established, what do I do now? I have never had a pregnant fish before 8O . Do I need to start lamaze classes? :wink:

yoiu should get a breeding net. put her in it.when shes done having babies take her out and keep the babies in there for about 1-2 months

yeah i think he does, but in my opinion i would put her in a ten gallon or even a five or maybe a two( a little while) until she pops em out, and get em growed up from there, that should work there thats what i do with my guppys

anything like it can be a net or like a floating plastic box. theres many kinds. but id suggest the floating plastic box

Ok, so we decided to move the guppy to the 5.5gal QT tank. The filter is an aqua-clear mini(with a sponge on the intake) from our established 10gal. Is there anything special that needs to go in the tank to help her with the pregnancy. This will be my first attempt at fry! TIA

not much from here just wait till she gives birth, and after that make sure you take her out, also make sure there are good hiding spots for the fry (where teh mom cant eat them) so reall small hiding spots.

Back
Top Bottom