Is my Platy pregnant? Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NaKay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had my platy for over 3 weeks now and noticed her stomach was quite round the first week... but after a while she seemed to deflate a bit. I checked in them again today and she seems pretty inflated.

Sorry for the unrotated photos

Attachments

• IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0547.jpg
    IMG_0547.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 61
She looks a bit less bloated today, but I don't know! I don't see any signs of fry unless they were eaten. Any suggests? Should I isolate her overnight?

If she gave birth, they might have been eaten by her or others. What else is in the tank with her? Are there plants the fry can use for cover?

I wouldn't use a breeder box: IMO, the fish get more stressed.

It's possible she isn't pregnant, but I doubt it. Has she been active and eating?

We have quite a few plants with good cover.

I have a Molly, 2 platys (including her), 3 cardinal tetras, 1 black tetra (accidentally placed in the bag lol) , 2 guppies and a dwarf frog.

She's super active and eats pretty good. I have noticed her being more into the plants. Not sure if thats just her looking for more food though.

if anyone is curious shes definitely popping out a bunch of fry! probably the coolest thing to see... minus my molly trying to eat them. gonna attempt to save a few and see how that goes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom