is this a good starter tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of fish do you think you might like to keep?

Knowing which kinds of fish you would want will let us know if this is a good tank to start with. If you take some time to learn about the requirements of certain fish by the number needed to stay happy in a tank, to the size they will get when they are adults, and if one kind of fish get along with the other types you want to keep, will all help you learn what size and type of tank you should get.

To be honest there are many people who sell off and give away a 10G tank so you might save lots of money there. You still have to buy substrate, sand or gravel (don't have to but most people do). Food best type for the kind of fish you are planning on getting, dechlorinator (Prime would be what I recommend).

Do plenty of research. Most problems people have is due to a lack of research, not doing too much!

In my signature line there is a link to help you learn about cycling your tank and learning about keeping fish in general,

Last edited:
betta fish for now maybe others depends on how he does with tank mates

Ignoring stocking and if the equipment is good quality, it seems alright. Skipped a lot there haven't I :)

One to check would be what the filter cartridge is made of and how much replacements are. The cartridges can be very expensive imo. I mostly just keep re-using them.

Back
Top Bottom