Is this a leech?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mixer

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was cleaning out my filter in tank water and after I poured out the water I found this in the bucket? To me this looks like a small leech, I have seen large leeches in panama, but nothing this small.

Any ideas? Does anyone have these in there planted tanks?

It does look like one, but unless you brought something in from outside I have no idea how it would get into a tank, far as I know no one keeps them as stock.

Well I don't know either. I have plants that I bought from sweet aquatics, and petco, this planted tanks is dirted with organic choice potting soil, I kind of doubt it was in the dirt however. Well I tossed him out and will watch for more in this tank.

This looks like a leech to me... idk how tiny they could be but I know that after I've been fishing before we were cleaning catfish and we pulled some pretty large leeches out of their stomach...

maybe one of the fish that you bought had a baby living inside of it? idk if that's even a reasonable theory... but it is an idea

Back
Top Bottom