Is this plant getting too much light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imissmytruck

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I'm sure you have all realized I am a newbie.

So is this a sign that this plant is getting too much light?
It's pretty clear, but if you can't see it...the "meat" of the leaf has started to erode and has left behind the vein structure.

Attachments

• DSCF1964.jpg
    DSCF1964.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 98
Thank you aqua_chem! You are so helpful here, and I appreciate it!

It's a new plant in my tank as of two days ago and it came in that condition. I recently started using Flourish Comprehensive supplement, and have been using Iron and Potassium for some time. I am about three weeks into my co2 and have upgraded from home brew to a paintball tank this last week. So I hope all this goes well for me, and I think the plant will do well. I've never done plants and my wife insisted that if we get a tank we do plants. I hemmed and hawed...but I love my plants! It's been a fun challenge learning how to do all this and you have made this so much more enjoyable for me. Thanks again!

I typically test weekly. With my wifes surgery its been two weeks or so. But the pwc comes tomorrow after i do a test.

PWC done. About 30% Tap water. 55 gallon.
Ammonia was .25
Nirtite was 0.
Nitrate was between 60 and 80.
pH was 7.

My bio load is high. I have a trap door snail, albino rainbow shark, farlowella, oto (just one), dojo loach, 3 tetras, 4 denison barbs. I believe thats everyone I intended to put in there. Many Malaysian trumpet snails hitched a ride on some plants. In process of thinning the heard. But I have a quite a variety of plants in the tank so I am not worried about my levels. What do you think?

For lighting I have a new Marine land hidden LED red.
2 15w flora glo t8s in standard units.
and A marine land dual unit 24" with a 67k and a colormax.

Attachments

• DSCF1967.jpg
    DSCF1967.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCF1966.jpg
    DSCF1966.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF1965.jpg
    DSCF1965.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom