Issues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
The past couple weeks I've been trying to figure out why my zoas and palys weren't fully open. All params good, etc. one thing I noticed tonight that I may have subconsciously noticed, is that my water has a VERY SLIGHT, milky hue to it. Barely. Very barely, but noticeable. What could this possibly be?

Yea I just hooked my AC70 back up and stuffed some polyfil and purigen in there. Hopefully it clears up and this is why my softies hate me...

What would cause a bloom? I had them when I did freshwater but haven't seen once since I started salt...

Yes 0's across the board. Calcium a little low at 375 and 9.5 alk.

Ok. I got one if those purigen bags. Maybe I'll get a second... I can't find too much info on saltwater blooms, any insight as to proper course of action other than wait it out?

Something way outta whack definitely went down in my tank, and I don't know when exactly either, but I know I'm seeing effects of it... I noticed that I no longer see lots of Colonista snails on the glass in the morning, and come to look closer, all their empty shells are scattered along the sand. Probably a good 30-40 of them. Dead. I also haven't seen an asterina starfish in a week or so. I ran full parameter checks once again today. 0's across the board. I was half expecting to see an ammo spike, but nothing.

My BTA still looks like junk, so I took a baster and cleared the rock it's attached to thinking maybe something it irritating it. My softies still hate me. I'm now running purigen and floss in my HOB. I also added some Seachem Stability in case of a misreading on ammo. I will test again tomorrow.

Frustrated doesn't come close... 8-/

Back
Top Bottom