It's spring break!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dangerismymiddlename

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone-its that time of year when all the college kids in the midwest go south to see sun for the first time in months (at least those that can afford it).
Anyways, I am curious as to what type of vacation food is best (if any) I just finished cycling my tank and I dont want to come home to my fishies dead from bad food

Do you have anyone that can feed the tank a few times while you are gone? That would be the best way. It wouldn't have to be every day... every other day or so would be sufficient.

Unfortunately I believe most of our friends are going home or on vacation and the apt complex the tank is at is really shady/hood so I dont trust any neighbors. We'll only be gone thursday night to monday morning next week. Will the fish be fine w/o food? I have 5 cories 6 zebra danios and am getting 2 pearl gouramis

So 3/4 days? Personally I think they'll be fine. But if you're worried (and this method makes me sooo sad :() some people suggest putting like, ghost shrimp in the tank, and when the fish get hungry they can eat them..

I think ill stay away from the sacrificial shrimp lol other than a dirty tank, what are the cons of vacation food? Just for future reference that is

Your fish will be fine for 3-4 days without food.
You can also buy an autofeeder...

In a 29 gallon I don't think a vacation food will hurt as far as dirty/pollution goes. I threw a 7 day one in my 10 gallon. Granted I always cross my fingers and pray to baby Jesus that none of my fish are victims of me on vacation.

Back
Top Bottom