ive made the plunge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

armymp327

Aquarium Advice FINatic
To sand lol. Just changed out my gravel substrate for the super naturals tahitian moon sand in my 38 gallon planted. Went smoothly for the most part with the only exception of catching all of my fish out of the tank, and again trying to get them out of the bucket they were in, what a hassle that was.

anyways here are some before and after pics, i also re-scaped just a bit, toned it down a bit and i just bought some Malaysian trumpet snails to stir the sand, along with the some dwarf hair grass to fill in the foreground, also got some dwarf sag to replace the water wisteria as i don't really like the look of it, a little to "weedy" for my tastes. That should all be here on tuesday.

I guess the only thing im worried about is the dwarf hairgrass taking over too much and not allowing my 6 False julii corys that i just got to sift around in the sand. Will just have to keep it in check i guess.

Attachments

• IMAG0227.jpg
    IMAG0227.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 84
  • IMAG0241.jpg
    IMAG0241.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 92
It looks really nice:) The way you rearranged it make's it look more organised:) Black fit's in very well:D
Good Job!

I second the black! Tank looks awesome and the fish stand out more. Kinda jealous!

oh thanks :) yeah i like the sand and no problems so far, plants are still growing great and my corys love it alot better then the gravel they used to have.

Back
Top Bottom