Jack Dempsey Tank Mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishkeeper88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everyone I have a 55 gallon planted Jack Dempsey tank. It houses a 5 inch male and a 4 inch female. They are not Electric blues. I have in a 29 gallon grow out tank a male Silvini 2 inches and a male Green Terror 2 inches.

Here is the question. How do I introduce them as tank mates to the Jacks? or do I have to many big fish?

I would not add them yet, is it urgent? The tank sizes are fine for now but you will definitely need a bigger tank in the future.

Don't add the Salvini and green terror to your 55 gallon tank with the jacks. They will need their own tank because that jack dempsey pair needs the entire 55 gallon. If you add them you will be overstocked and have major aggression issues.

Don't add the Salvini and green terror to your 55 gallon tank with the jacks. They will need their own tank because that jack dempsey pair needs the entire 55 gallon. If you add them you will be overstocked and have major aggression issues.

Agreed... the female salvini I used to own is the toughest/meanest fish, pound for pound (or ounce for ounce?) I've ever kept. Somewhat shy, but tough as nails. Picked fights with my larger male jag and male midas, and would never back down from either of them

Agreed... the female salvini I used to own is the toughest/meanest fish, pound for pound (or ounce for ounce?) I've ever kept. Somewhat shy, but tough as nails. Picked fights with my larger male jag and male midas, and would never back down from either of them

And they have some NASTY TEETH!!

:( I don't know what to do I have a 40 gallon and a 36 gallon. I cant go larger then my 55 on the second floor of this house.

Unless you live in a VERY old house, your 2nd floor should be able to handle way more than 55 gallons... just sayin, if that's the only thing keeping u from getting a larger tank.

Back
Top Bottom