Jessica's 55g build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AndrewsPistol said:
Best I got :oops:

It's a nice piece. You can add another piece and lay it on or against that one it will look like one big piece. I think it would look good IMO.

maybe others will chime in.

My fish probably hate that Im up all night taking pics of them lol

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 41
Love this crazy guy!!! :d

Attachments

• 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 070.jpg
    070.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 51
Trites and trates.

Attachments

• 079.jpg
    079.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 081.jpg
    081.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 41
Ammo and ph

Attachments

• 092.jpg
    092.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 094.jpg
    094.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 096.jpg
    096.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 097.jpg
    097.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 48
Time for a wc! Yesterday I was reading almost no ammonia, I wonder if I overfed the bottom feeders last night and thats why Im getting much more today? I did drop kinda alot in but thats because nothing ever hits the bottom?!

AndrewsPistol said:
Time for a wc! Yesterday I was reading almost no ammonia, I wonder if I overfed the bottom feeders last night and thats why Im getting much more today? I did drop kinda alot in but thats because nothing ever hits the bottom?!

Not likely, you have more fish.

Malawi Freak said:
I did something similar with a piece of 2x4 I had lying around.

Sooo today at wc I moved some stuff around and added that red rock. I hate it, but I think it breaks up the line of sight better. I kinda just tried to put a wall up in front of my Peacocks den so that maybe when he looks out he won't see the other side. I also found that my driftwood is such an odd shape that it just doesnt fit n e where right now that I have so much going on so I just stuck it in the back for now. I really kinda just wanna move it back the way it was. It was more appealing to the eye :/ I don't even wanna post a pic of it! I think if I had ALOT more of anubius I could glue it to the red rock and it wouldnt look so bad... Also I'm concerened on how I will do my sand vac with such little open spots...

Last edited:
Too many posts to read and see if this question has already been answered, but what kind of sand is that and where did you get it? It's seems like such a fine grain. I want some!

Bryanm70 said:
Too many posts to read and see if this question has already been answered, but what kind of sand is that and where did you get it? It's seems like such a fine grain. I want some!

Lol, yes quite a few! I think I switched sand in my cycle thread so ur answer may not have even been in this one :) its Fairmount Handy Sand. Silica sand, got 50# bags for like $5! It was also very clean and required very little rinsing, although I may have went a little overboard rinsing it lol. It also didn't cloud my tank one bit. It settled before the tank was even 1/2 full. Also my fish are good at kicking it up and when they do its heavy enough to settle right away, therefore it doesn't get close to the intake and ruin my impeller :)

The scape... for now... Dino! Did you see I moved my heater?????? Will it be ok behind all those rocks? Im afraid it will get warm in that corner and shut off. I moved my thermometer to the other side of the tank and so far it has dropped .2* Not so much a big deal now but what if it cant keep up over there? Its pretty far away from the intakes. Personally I dont think its any better vertical in the corner lol. I just dont know where to put it haha!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I like the red rocks and I like where the heater is so you don't see the cord :)

Put a thermometer on each side if it makes you feel better. I have one on each side so I can see if there's a difference. And... Nope. There spot on.

Tank is looking good though!!! Keep up the good work!!

Just re read your post. If your more comfortable with it in the center like that then do it. You don't have to take every bit of advice I give or opinion lol you won't hurt my feelings :)

I just like a "show" tank. So IF I had the heater where did, I would get fake vines and wrap it around the cord. See here what I did with my outtakes.

I tried to make them blend it better then just having them stand out like a sore thumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, yes quite a few! I think I switched sand in my cycle thread so ur answer may not have even been in this one :) its Fairmount Handy Sand. Silica sand, got 50# bags for like $5! It was also very clean and required very little rinsing, although I may have went a little overboard rinsing it lol. It also didn't cloud my tank one bit. It settled before the tank was even 1/2 full. Also my fish are good at kicking it up and when they do its heavy enough to settle right away, therefore it doesn't get close to the intake and ruin my impeller :)

Where would I be able to get this sand? That's such a good price!

Bryanm70 said:
Where would I be able to get this sand? That's such a good price!

I got mine at Menard's, Idk if u have one of those near you? It's like a home depot so maybe check there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom