Just a few questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kota

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've had my two well 3 actually aquariums up for about 6 months and i'd like to post pictures of my fish(guppies mainly). But they move around so much getting a good pic with my phone is nigh on impossible. Any suggestions on how to get good pics?

Also, i have a betta in a smaller tank. 2.5gal i think because he had a tendency to kill my male guppies. But now i have my males and females in two separate tanks. Is it reasonable to put him in with the females? or should i keep him in his own little world?

I get pictures of our fish but it takes a lot of patience. I use a GE 14.1 megapixel camera and it turns out decently most of the time. I just have to sit at the tank for a while (maybe 5 mins) and wait until things calm down or be really fast. The fish have gotten so they know the green light that means the camera is in focus, and they don't swim away anymore, making it lots easier to take the picture. Even the cichlid doesn't run and hide in his cave anymore. Focusing on a corner of the tank, like the front left, and having the camera lens focused helps a lot.

Betta's will definitely go after male guppies partly due to their coloration and long fins. If the females aren't as fancy, you could probably get away with putting him in there if there's enough space. We did have a betta and a calico fantail in together once and they got along fine when there was enough space in the tank. No fin nipping or attacks.

I've tried the waiting game but my males are always gogogo and it gets so frustrating. Like this one that is a lyretail and looks just like an endler or my "golden boy". They never sit still. And like i said, i use my phone. So my options are limited. :(

On the topic of the betta though: Since he should be fine with my drab females are there any colorful schooling fish he could be mixed with? id like to add more color to that tank...

Some pics for reference. Posted them in another thread for suggestions on decorating. But here's the male 10gal

ForumRunner_20120912_055305.jpg

And the female 29gal

ForumRunner_20120912_055354.jpg

Also, if i put salt in my tanks way back when i started them up about a year ago, would it be possible to have a few ghost shrimp now?

kota said:
Bump. Anyone out there?

You can, if you added the salt a year ago...should not be a problem...you do weekly partial water changes to the tank correct??? If true, then the salt must be diluted by now.

As Ghost Shrimp can be acclimated over to a brackish/marine environment, I don't see a little salt being an issue for them.

Back
Top Bottom