Just bought bubble anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it is just floating around I would place it somewhere w/ low light and flow w/ something to attach to such as a piece of LR. As Lance said, if it continues to drift around that is not a good sign. As said light acclimation can be very stressful, especially when going from lower to higher light conditions. I would highly recommend using the screen method to photo-acclimate the BTA. HTH and good luck.

it found a spot.. atleast I think so.. It has stayed there for about 10 hrs now and hasnt moved a bit...its looking healthy so far

hmmm... my ocellaris clowns are picking on it.. looks like they're trying to get a chunk off it.. so my bta shrinks back and hides whenever they do that.. this normal behavior?.. I guess they don't like it..

Clownfish will clean the anemone off when it shrinks up and expells waste. I've never seen a clownfish attacking an anemone.

well it was like taking a bite out of it... and then the BTA shrinks back and hides... I don't know... my clowns are pretty old and lived with a humu trigger for a long time.. and it hasn't seen an anemone before.. but then, I'm just guessing... that's what I saw.. It doesn;t really attack violently but kinda like nips on it.. in a gentle way

Back
Top Bottom