keeping ONLY male angels - will they still fight??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
do angels only fight when breeding??

if yes, then would keeping ALL male angels prevent fighting??

i have seen aggression in angels when not breeding.... how are you going to know if you have all males? they are not that easy to sex, unless you have discovered a way... :D

JDogg said:
i have seen aggression in angels when not breeding.... how are you going to know if you have all males? they are not that easy to sex, unless you have discovered a way... :D

i didn't think of that...lol

Bubble_B0y said:
JDogg said:

i didn't think of that...lol
LOL IME i kept two adult angels together for a while, they never bonded so i am guessing they were the same sex, not sure though :? this was only in a 28 tall bowfront... it lasted a couple of months until one stoped eating and died...they never showed any aggression though towards each other when i was watching,, they kind of just ignored each other most of the time..so perhaps, if you are lucky it can be done...

how large of a tank it is?

i have currently added two juvi angels to my 75, in hopes that they will either pair up or one will pair with my adult angel (whose mate died over thanksgiving :( )...but it really is a crap shoot IMO...

even if you could sex them, if you really wanted fish that wouldnt fight, why'd you even want to start with males?

Back
Top Bottom