Kio707 tank 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, did my good deed of the year. Saw a kid on craiglist that is in the boy scouts and wants to build a tank. I told him I have a CPR overflow, 29g sump, and skimmer. Kid said he didn't have much money and saw u had it for sale for $150... Told him to come over and we'll talk. Explained to him how to set it up, showed him my tank, and gave him some advice and of course our forum and other fish sites. Found out his father was deployed with a unit I know. So after explaining everything, talking to his mom, I decided to just let the kid have the stuff... I'd rather he had a head start with good equipment, then be like me and fail when I started this hobby. Already warned him he'll out grow that 55g in no time. Lol... Just glad a could help a future hobbyist and the boy scouts out... Can't wait till my daughters old enough and I can teach and show her...

Kio707 said:
Well, did my good deed of the year. Saw a kid on craiglist that is in the boy scouts and wants to build a tank. I told him I have a CPR overflow, 29g sump, and skimmer. Kid said he didn't have much money and saw u had it for sale for $150... Told him to come over and we'll talk. Explained to him how to set it up, showed him my tank, and gave him some advice and of course our forum and other fish sites. Found out his father was deployed with a unit I know. So after explaining everything, talking to his mom, I decided to just let the kid have the stuff... I'd rather he had a head start with good equipment, then be like me and fail when I started this hobby. Already warned him he'll out grow that 55g in no time. Lol... Just glad a could help a future hobbyist and the boy scouts out... Can't wait till my daughters old enough and I can teach and show her...

That's awesome Kio. Being a believer in Karma, I think you just earned a whole lot of it. I think the SW gods will smile down on you now :).

SeanMonster said:
That's awesome Kio. Being a believer in Karma, I think you just earned a whole lot of it. I think the SW gods will smile down on you now :).

Let's hope so... Started raising the salinity in DT... Had issues with it.

FTMMWS said:
What kind of issues?
Love that marine betta BTW,,very cool fish

Ammonia going up.. Do a pwc to bring it down, check 2 days later and same issue... All fish are accounted for... Idk... Think it's BB dying off? Trites where up a lil too...

Great move there bud. :dance: Earned my respect helping out the son of one of our finest.

We have a young man in our local reef club. Did a couple tours in Iraq and now has a new wife and a baby. This young man is always offering to do for others at the drop of the hat. The other night, he asked me if I could help him with some DIY stuff. No hesitation on my part even though he lives 1-1/2 hours away. I will do anything I can to help this guy out. He earned it my book and he continues to earn it.

Tested QT and trites where off the chart. Did a 30% pwc. All fish are ok, but man, what a scare. DT had a 30% pwc last night. I decided not to raise the salinity. Everything has tested ok. Imma set up the 60g and use it as a QT. That 10g is good for one fish, but not 5.

SeanMonster said:
Kio, how big is the Emperor? Looks pretty small. I like it!

About an inch... He is small, but loves the clown and is always around.. Very active.

Hondatek said:
You got a emperor ? I thought you had a Koran all this time.

Sorry, it is a Koran... Was reading and feeding the daughter at the same time...

Nice new additions. I love the betas but don't trust them to put them in my tank. I will just admire from afar. Lol

Nice new additions. I love the betas but don't trust them to put them in my tank. I will just admire from afar. Lol

Yeah same here ,,i really considered one but the more I read ,i'm not going to get one..They are also nocturnal(didn't know that) and a lot of people say they never see them..Still a beautiful fish

Korans are awesome,i loved mine,,they grow so slow though and take forever to change when compared to other large angels ..

Back
Top Bottom