Kole Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris stevens

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just added a Kole Tang to my tank, and he seems healthy, but very shy (whenever I approach the tank he runs back into the rockwork) - I've heard this is normal...how long does it usually last? also - there is a lot of brown and green algae - will he be alright eating this for a while, or is it imparitive that i supplement with nori right away? any other way to feed a tang, besides the unsightly clips? will he forage off the bottom, if there is nori (etc.) there?

Well, my coral beauty came out of it in a couple days or so, but I think you might want to give it a week or two.

They are typically a shy fish. You may see it more and more as time goes on, but it isn't ever going to be out front and center for any length of time. Even though the clip is unsightly, it does prevent alot of the waste that will occur without one. I actually use a clothespin on fishing line tossed into the tank as my tank is quite high and the canopy makes things difficult. I feed the nori and later during the day, just pull the line and remove the clothespin.

Mine took a while but after a while he was out with the rest. Mine just picks at the rocks most of the time

Back
Top Bottom