large bubble alage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hah! :roll: that's barely over an inch, just a young'un :lol:

How about this coralline encrusted beauty?

purple_sps020705.jpg

Guy <--- Just ribbing Anemoneman

These guys are acutally rather ridgid atleast the ones I have touched. In fact they kind of reminded me of those little rubber balls you get when your a kid that bounce all over the place.

These things dont have the bounce of a 'superball' or anything but do have a rubbery texture.

These things dont have the bounce of a 'superball' or anything but do have a rubbery texture.

They usually make a splat sound and leave a green stain on the concrete :lol:

To remove them, I use needle nose pliers and the rock back and forth method. Be prepared, sometimes they burst.

OK Guy. I didn't say it was the biggest I've ever seen :?
I've got some coraline encrusted mondo bubbles but they are at the bottom. Put the ruler to yours...just how big is that monster? 8O

When a bubble is mature, it is easier to pull out with the rocking method. If it doesn't rock back and forth easily, leave it alone for a month and try again. If it isn't hurting anything or bothering you (it's not an epidemic) leave it alone. Macro alge will compete with it so you should only have a few.

Mark

I just LOVE the competition men exhibit! YOU GO GUYS... who REALLY does have the largest Valonia??? =]

I recently removed a colony of Valonia that was hampering the spread of an encrusting coral. The bubbles actually had the coral surrounded, preventing it from growing.

Just a thought,

Sue

Well,

I have to give the winners trophy to Anemoneman. My Foxface got really hungry recently and removed all traces of it.

Guy <--- mixed emotions.

Back
Top Bottom