Large bubbles due to Bio Wheel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AmberRose1414

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 5 gallon HEX BioWheel tank. It holds 2 ghost shrimp, 3 mystery snails and 1 Betta (Dr. Lecter)
I had plastic plants in tank and I noticed Betta got a rip on his upper fin. That has been healing pretty well. The other night I noticed he had gotten another rip on his lower fin. Last night I took out all plastic plants and put in silk ones. This morning I noticed what looks like a bubble nest of bubbles but it is not a bubble nest from Dr. Lecter, it seems to be from the bio wheel. I changed out a gallon of water this morning as I have been doing every morning for the past week already due to the rip in Dr. Lecter fins. The bubbles just came back. So I took the wheel out for a few hours and no bubbles. I put it back in because I didn't want to really mess up my water being that it has been on the numbers I want even with the bubbles. How can I get these bubbles down? Again I had no bubbles with the plastic plants, but I know they are no good for Dr. Lecter, what should I do?

Attachments

• image-1609604462.jpg
    image-1609604462.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 100
  • image-1012704791.jpg
    image-1012704791.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 107
No, it is the BioWheel cause I did. Take the wheel out and the bubbles stopped. It has something to do with the wheel and the new plants but I don't know what or what to do.

Back
Top Bottom