Lighting for a 40 gallon breeder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going to get a 40 yesterday and use that light. I got too good of a deal on a 33 long with stand, sump and plumbing to pass up though. Looks like I'm gonna need more light lol.

Yeah I cracked my 40 when I tried to drill it then I was going to get a custom tank built because I have a shelve in my dining room where my 20 long sits and a 40 wouldn't, someone told me the dimensions on the 50 and I was sold ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411938646.395765.jpg
Best part about where it sits is its right under my laundry room so I plan on plumbing it down there. Only things I have left to buy is my light, build a sump/refugium and that's about it. I'm gonna use my first ten gallon nano that I ever had for a quarantine tank and run my ac30 for that. I'm exited to say the least haha

Oh here's a stupid question I thought of but never looked into, can you use regular pvc glue and the primer for plumbing a tank?

With those tank dimensions you will have quite a bit of dim area at the sides of the tank. It's not a big deal if it doesn't bother you, but that would annoy the crap out of me :whistle:

Yes, you can use regular PVC cement and primer on plumbing for a tank.

I use the dim side for mushrooms and my frogspawn. Just an idea it works though.

Yeah I'm gonna play around with the height of the lamp see what I like best

Anyone know of any hanging posts I guess I would call them to hang a panel light from? Hanging it from the ceiling is not an option as I have vaulted ceilings

img_3054377_0_03120688e45e9351230fcb7efb1ba436.jpg

this is actually the cheapest and easiest just be sure to center tank with a stud in the wall ,so you can use 3inch sheet rock screws to secure to wall studs rather than molly bolts into sheet rock , as i had molly bolts pop out of the sheet rock wall because of the weight of the light (it weighs approx 8 pounds) give or take

Awesome, thanks!!! Next question, haha. Just bought a used 20 long for my sump/fuge, what do I use to clean it haha a? The previous owner used it to house a gecko

Thanks!!!!!! All fresh and new equipment minus the slimmer. Picked that up on Craigslist for $60!!!!! It's a hydor 405!!!! Best find so far on this build

Back
Top Bottom