Lighting Q?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ken

Aquarium Advice Newbie
who makes these lights and are they good enough for a reef?? I went to HD and they had a lot of lights could not find the one that is being refered to any help would be great!!!

Well Ken... tell us what you want (freshwater, freshwater with plants, saltwater with fish only, saltwater with corals, etc). The lights we are referring to would be spectacular for a planted freshwater tank for the most part, just not so good for corals...

Gooyferret,
I have submitted a dealer request to Fulham and should hear from them after the first of the year. If it is approved, and I expect that it will be, I'll have the Fulham line on my site. If you want one right away, I believe you can find them at www.reefgeeks.com . I don't think you'll be happy with the performance of the 2x96 HO ballast. You could use a pair of 4x32's for two 96w PC's, but I think the Workhorse 7 is a more economical solution.
Electrobes,
You can use either the GE 2x32 or the Sylvania 2x32 ballast to light the LOA bulb. You will need to disassemble the bulb and remove the starter from the base. Then solder the wires back together. Then you can run it on the regular ballast. There was a post that dealt with this in more detail, but it seems a fairly straightforward procedure.

Back
Top Bottom