Lighting suggestions for 75g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiscusLvr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I've just acquired a 75g aquarium and I'm debating on what kind of lighting i should use for it. I would love to have LEDs since they are super efficient but they are also super expensive. The tank is 48" long and 18" deep so i need something that will be strong enough to light a deep aquarium and long enough to fit it.
Ive also considered fluorescent but i cant seem to find anything online that holds more than one bulb and i want more than just white light. Ive heard having blues help make the tank look better and bring out the colors of the fish.
Im fairly new to different types and intensities of lighting as well as colors and all that fun stuff. Any suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated and super helpful.

Hello Disc...

I use Solarmax lighting in my larger tanks. Roughly $90.00 shipped. Two bulbs is all you need for standard lighting. One that's 6500 to 6700K and the other at 10,000K. This gives most easy to grow plants good lighting. Add to this a bit of Seachem's Comprehensive liquid plant food dosed every two weeks when you change half the tank water and your plants will do well.

B

Its for fresh. Id like to have plants and fish. I plan on stocking it with tropical fish and medium level plants

What are you looking to spend? It's going to cost you around 200.00 for an LED fixture. Not a ton of money, but you'll never have to change a bulb.

After picking them up myself, I recommend Catalina Aquarium lights. Quality builds, great reflectors, I used a single bulb over my 60x18x21 tank and had great growth for all the low/med light plants I kept.

Back
Top Bottom