Liquid plant fertiliser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samt1

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have just replanted my tank so want to get some liquid plant fertiliser (also going for a CO2 system) I have iced the Nutrafin Plant Grow before but also seen the Tetra Plantamin. Which one is best or are they pretty much the same thing? Or any others you might suggest?

Thanks in advance
Sam.

Seachem's Flourish seems to be the most commonly used liquid fert. I've never used liquids in my tanks, I always go with dry and mix my own. It's a lot cheaper and one order can get you a years' worth of ferts for around $40.

Some other options for good liquid ferts...
- API LeafZone
- Brightwell Aquatics FlorinMulti
- AquariumPlants.com Super Concentrate

Thanks for the replies guys.
I can get the Tetra 250ml one on next day delivery from Amazon at £10 so think that will do.

To go along with what you will pay for a bottle you need to be looking at how much you will need to dose. 20 for a bottle that will only require a few drops is much more cost effective than 10 for a bottle where you have to dose 10ml. Just saying.

What size tank is this? Good CO2 + Good light will result in a large nutrient demand, which may make premade liquid ferts a pricey alternative. $25 will get you a dry fert package that will potentially set you up for years depending on the size of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom