Listen everyone, I have GREAT freshwater advice!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everything word "fishing" type sound like script from advertisment on TV....

Never add any salt in my tank, so far not even 1 dead since 8 months ago.

less stresses on fish

In general, adding a teaspoon of instant ocean salt mix to the gallon reduces stress in fish, thus making them healthier and longer lived. Before I got into adding salt to freshwater aquaria, I read an article on the internet and the article says adding a teaspoon of salt per gallon is sort of like a magical elixar for sluggish fish and fish in general. I agree with that ALL THE WAY. THEIR AIN'T NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT! I've been adding salt to make my beloved fish healthier and I always will.

since it was already mentioned I'll but in on the table salt conversation... The salt people put on their food is Far, and I mean FArrrr, from what is in the ocean... it is not natural at all and it is not good for you one bit... you might put it on everything and think you're healthy, but our bodies don't always show signs of sickness and other ailments til it's too late. Table salt is just no good for anything... I don't know much about the oceanic stuff or it's possible affects on freshwater fish... I am a skeptic when it comes to anything and I don't like the words "magical" and stuff... I have no scientific proof to make a stronge argument but neither does anyone else here for or against the use of salt so far... So far it is nothing but opinion and you can't go around claiming that "THEIR AIN'T NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT! " unless you have more than words to back it up. Some people are succesful at keeping bettas in less than a pint of water, does that make it a magical formula for sucess? I don't think so. Like I said I can't disprove your statements but I still say it's nothing more than opinion, or like mentioned already, a possible sales pitch. In my honest opinion fish should be kept in a habitat that is most true to the environment from which they came. Some fish absolutely need salt to do well... Mollies for instance do much better with some salt in the water, but there are pleanty of fish that come from waters without any mentionable amounts of salt in the water. In my opinion you don't mess with something unless it's broken. If you are in any way affiliated with the salt you keep mentioning we really need this to stop as it would be a violation of the rules, otherwise feel free to keep commenting on it. There are some issues that I argue with that I might sound harsh or like I'm saying someone is totally wrong... Most of the time I argue I'm not really arguing I'm just trying to point out all possabilities so others can make their own opinions from it... If people only hear one side to a situation they will tend to just listen and believe but often times they end up being misled... I like to explore all possabilities and tend not to trust eveything I hear, especially when it sounds too good to be true... anyway, I still say it's all opinion unless I see some facts and reliable info, possibly from another party...

Back
Top Bottom