Live Plant Beginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's awesome, nothing better than free...well i mean someone could pay you to take it and that would be better...lol

How big of a light do you need, don't know the dimensions of your tank.

That's awesome, nothing better than free...well i mean someone could pay you to take it and that would be better...lol

How big of a light do you need, don't know the dimensions of your tank.

Actually I don't know yet. :) We should be picking it up tomorrow. I have seen the tank before, and I believe it's a 30 gal long. I can post the measurements after I find out.

Mix some "flourite red" with pool filter sand like I did and your plants won't ever die!

I'm pretty sure we used some of that flourite red stuff, but we didn't have good lighting. Our plants grew for a little while, and then died. :(

My tank is going to be half water, half land for fiddler crabs. I was thinking of getting some plants that may grow up and out of the water. The only plant that I know of like that is bamboo, but I'm sure there are others like that. Does anyone know what kind of lighting bamboo needs? We actually have some in a pot in a room that gets a little natural light, and it does fine. Are there other low light plants that can grow up and out of water?

A lot of the plants we keep in aquariums grow emersed or submersed. You won't have any issues finding cool plants to grow both under the water, and up out of the water.

The tank I have has a hood, I'm just not sure that it's good enough lighting for plants. The bulb is flo. and says 20W T8. (I know that's 20 watts, don't know what the "t" stands for). It's only 24 inches, and the tank is 36. I would worry about the light reaching the bottom. Would it be possible to use this hood with a more powerful flo. bulb?

Back
Top Bottom