Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luntiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have 65 lbs of Live Rock in my 40 gallon tank. When I look at my tank I think I still need more rocks...much more. Would it be weird to have 100lbs of rock in a 40 gallon tank?

Not as long as your fish still have plenty of room to swim. I don't think it would be good to have them crowded if you know what I mean.

It would look strange to me, but then again, I'm not the one that has to look in the tank. I suppose the rock you have could be very dense, and therefore smallish for the weight. I think it would be weird, if you didn't put the extra rock in, if you think it will look better ;) I would advise adding just a couple pieces at a time.

if you think it will look better I would advise adding just a couple pieces at a time.

That's a better idea.

:mrgreen: But if you don't have another tank then now is the time to get one to house your extra rock while you get your display setup the way you want. :mrgreen:

lol yeah get a second tank and more rock. I think you could probably go up at least 20 lbs, but with out seeing some pics of what you currently have I can't be sure. As they said above though don't crowd your fish. Crowding will cause stress and will surely lead to territorial disputes. HTH

Scott

I think it looks great as it is. You have some nice size pieces. It will look a lot different once you have fish swimming around in those open spaces. Are you planning on going reef or just fowlr? If you're going reef, you'd want those spaces to add coral and stuff.

Okay, thanks. Its just that I have some damsels in there and the rocks seem so limited. This one damsel is using all the rocks while the other damsel just swims above the rocks.

I like it !
looks good, I think more rock would look too crammed in. You want some free space for the "open" swimmers...

I like it !
looks good, I think more rock would look too crammed in. You want some free space for the "open" swimmers...

I think it looks great as it is too. You seem to have a lot of good caves and hiding spots as well as a good amount of open water. What type of fish or coral are you planning on getting?

Id have to say.. its all based on personal opinion and helath of tank.. looks great to me! 2 thumbs up!

Back
Top Bottom