Live Rock.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharonafix

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am looking for the best place to buy Live Rock. I am setting up my first reef aquarium, 55 gal. I am looking for pre-cured or uncured rock:?

The LFS is the best place to get LR if you have one nearby. That way you can handpick your pieces and you won't get *too* much die off when you get home.

Uncured LR will cycle your tank if you want to cycle with LR. About 1-2 pounds per gallon is the standard, but not necessary. Depending on the setup you wish.

If you want to order online, there are many places. Check out the general retailers thread here on AA, or just do a search online.

Good luck.

I just got 30lbs of lr from lr.com. Great customer service, great price, great rock. Mix your order from them, I only got Gulf, lots of hitch hikers, not much in color. The keys is supposed to be very colorful.

Lots of people on this forum swear by them.

Terry

Liverocks.com is great. The rock they supply is so fresh that some tanks get only a slight ammonia spike from it. It comes with great color and hitchers. It is better than any LR I have seen at a LFS around here. HTH

I just recently got 45 lbs from LiveAquaria and 15 lbs from LR.com. The 15 lbs i received from LR.com was far better than the rock from LiveAquaria. Hope this helps. I live in Missouri and my order from LR.com was shipped at 5:00 pm and was at my doorstep the next day at 11:45 am. I received 1/2 and 1/2 Gulf and Keys rock. Gulf rock= lots of life .......Keys = lots of color.

Good Luck

live rock

Thank you for your advise. I have been looking on the Internet for LR and never found anything from Liverocks.com. Will consider them for rocks.

Thanks again.

If you contact them via the sponser threads of this forum they will be helpful. They are great to work with.

Back
Top Bottom