livefishguys fish room thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
figures, i got them at auction and the guy probably bred them in a high ph andd had more males and only wants a few males and a few femals and had a bunch of females to get rid of, i will try and get a nice big female to breed her with the definent male.

i moved my lilly into my 20 gallon baby tank so it won't kill my other plants i will eventually move it and some others into one side of the 90 gallon aquarium, when i move out the goldfish and put the cardinal tetras in, do any of you know what kind of corys can live in 85 degree water?

so i have been doing recherche on discus and i found out they need like 85 degree water, and that got me thinking how much heating will i need? my fish room is like 63 degree's so i need to heat the tank 25 degrees above room temperature.

i found a calculator online and found out to heat a 90 gallon aquarium 25 degrees above room temp, i will need a minimum of

638 watts of heating!!!!!!!

so far i have a 100 watt heater so i will find 2 300 watt heaters and buy them online, but is there any way i can cut down on energy consumption, i plan on getting a glass lid, but what else can i do to bring down power use? and what are the most reliable adjustable heaters that i can heat to a specific temperature.

Sure you're ready for discus? It's a much larger commitment than platys. Daily 20% or triple weekly 40-50% water changes are needed. If energy usage is concern just wait till you get the bi-monthly water bill.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

if i have to do that i will, i am ready to do anything i must for discus, if that means daily water changes i am ok with that. do you know any cheep ro units?

on a side note what do you think of using a pur tap filter for aquarium water. i have one should i use it or will it be bad for fish?

I have no experience with this unit but here is a $200 4 stage kit http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-4...75gpd-1.html?gclid=CK7D_aiyt8oCFQ6QaQodRsYIig
It's a start, replacing membranes contribute to the cost, as well as reminerlization, but it's the best course for those fish. I would hesitate using bottled distilled would be more effective than your tap filter, though if you truly want to do discus you should talk to popparyno, pm me if you wish to reach him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

sorry it has been a long time since the last post. but i have move the lily into my 20 gallon baby tank and i put a better light on that tank, lily is doing fine, i moved the hairgrass out of the 45 back into the 29 because it was dieing. My bn plecos breed again, does the females stomach sink in when they breed? but i will let the male do his thing with them maybe i will have more luck. i will get a couple Siamese algae eaters for the 45, i also want to get some hillstream loaches.

so i went tho the lfs and got some fish 1 got some blackworms. 3 Siamese algae eaters and some hill stream loaches. the hilsterm loaches are usually $11.99, but i got babies, under 1 inch for $3.69 so i got 4 of them. both the fish went in the 45 gallon. the 45 is getting a lot of beard algae so i got some fish to battle that. i will post some picture of the hillstream loches if you want.

hey guys it has been a while, i don't even know if you guys are still reading but, it is relaxing posting the updates.

i went to the lfs in hopes to get a krib, a pleco for the 90, and a hardness test kit. i go all 3 and also found out i have extremely soft water, like 1 ppm. don't hate me but that's how my water is, so i will be trying to get my killis to breed and my discuss, and i will not need an ro unit, because it will not help me. i was not able to get a female krib, so i will try somewhere else, but i did end up getting a trio of guppy's. last night i got $60 worth of l=24 inch t5 bulbs for $5.

i got
2 10000k
1 pink
1 blue
1 460
and a 14000k.

Back
Top Bottom