livefishguys fish room thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use regular hang from the ceiling shop lights. They also make led replacements for the T8 bulbs etc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

what about incandescent light bulbs for planted tanks, any good recommendations?

what about incandescent light bulbs for planted tanks, any good recommendations?

I would use incandescent fixtures with screw in type compact fluorescent bulbs. Less heat, less energy consumption, and decent light. These are the spiral shaped CFL bulbs. Look for a color temperature of 6700k. Typically 13w or 26w.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

do those work for plants? or would a indoor plant bulb be better?

Yes they do. I had some CFLs supplementing an LED on my planted tank but I had to remove them because I was getting too much growth.
I currently use one on my shrimp tank and it keeps the guppy grass and moss very happy.

sorry i have not posted pictures yet, i have gotten a new computer and have not imported filles to my new computer yet, i moved the the 3 loaches into the 40 long, they are doing great. all the tanks are good.

wow we have gotten over 100 posts this tread is really tanking off, so i will post a few post with pictures because i have a lot.

i have a few updated for you, in the 6 gallon kili tank, one of the males are not doing to well, he did not ship well and i will keep an eye on him, but i think my other male and one of the females are spawning, they are swimming thru the mop and the male is staying very close, so yay.

i sold 10 crayfish and i emptied out the crayfish tank of all but the biggest one i could find in there(a few little guys are in there i could not catch). and i put the rest in a 30 gallon to sell later.

the 30 gallon community tank is doing well, the vall is taking over in the front, and the kribs are doing well, the less colorful 3 love to hide in the water wisteria and the very colorful one loves to swim in the open.

which ones are male and what are female?

here are pictures of the kribs. and a picture of the 90 gallon. i have included a before picture of the 40 long prior to aquascaping

sorry computer error here are the pictures

Attachments

• IMG_9637.jpg
    IMG_9637.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9639.jpg
    IMG_9639.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_9640.jpg
    IMG_9640.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9641.jpg
    IMG_9641.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 50
i'm in that mood again, who gets in the must have a new addition to the tank blues? i get in every now and then and do lots of recherche on fish and just really want to set up a new tank. tight now i'm looking at micro predators for my 20 gallon crayfish tank, i want to get rid of the crayfish and do something else with them. i just have to find someone to take them.

i'm in that mood again, who gets in the must have a new addition to the tank blues? i get in every now and then and do lots of recherche on fish and just really want to set up a new tank. tight now i'm looking at micro predators for my 20 gallon crayfish tank, i want to get rid of the crayfish and do something else with them. i just have to find someone to take them.

Yep. All the things. I've been eyeballing crays, but reality and no room for new tanks. I'm sure you'll get it sorted!

but i have room, i will get rid of they crayfish asap and the tank is cycled so i don't know what i will put in it. i am going to put my sisters fantail goldfish in the 46 bow and make a really nice goldfish tank with 4 or 5 goldfish

wow we have gotten over 100 posts this tread is really tanking off, so i will post a few post with pictures because i have a lot.

i have a few updated for you, in the 6 gallon kili tank, one of the males are not doing to well, he did not ship well and i will keep an eye on him, but i think my other male and one of the females are spawning, they are swimming thru the mop and the male is staying very close, so yay.

i sold 10 crayfish and i emptied out the crayfish tank of all but the biggest one i could find in there(a few little guys are in there i could not catch). and i put the rest in a 30 gallon to sell later.

the 30 gallon community tank is doing well, the vall is taking over in the front, and the kribs are doing well, the less colorful 3 love to hide in the water wisteria and the very colorful one loves to swim in the open.

which ones are male and what are female?

here are pictures of the kribs. and a picture of the 90 gallon. i have included a before picture of the 40 long prior to aquascaping

What kind of killis? Many of the kinds I keep are not good with 2 males in the tank. Is the sickly one just getting beat-up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

no he just dosen't look good, and i'm not worried about the 2 males because the guy i got them from breeds them in the same fashion and he is one of the top kili breeders, i may isolate him so he can heal

sorry it has been a while, the 40 long is actually 45 gallons, it is doing well, i got an incandescent fixture for $7 and i put it on i am using 6500k bulbs and it looks good, i got some sand for my 90 gallon and some other tanks but i accidentally got the play sand, that is not as fine as i want it and is super dirty, i will go back and return the sand, and get the 30 mesh sand i have used in the past. I will start working towards filling the 90 soon, i will get some more heaters and start putting tetras and corys in the tank, i also need another filter, maybe a 200 gph filter. i am going to get the empty 30 gallon going to and do some breeding, and i am going to sell some fish and maybe get some more orange chromide. not much action with the fish here is a picture of the 45 before and after aquascaping.

Attachments

• IMG_9641.jpg
    IMG_9641.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9643.jpg
    IMG_9643.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_9644.jpg
    IMG_9644.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_9645.jpg
    IMG_9645.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 50
so i am selling a lot of my platy and molly fry from my 10, 30 and 20 gallon fry tank and i will then breed the kribinisis in the 20 gallon baby tank, i am going t get some live foods and some brine shrimp eggs.

which one of these is male and which is female?

Attachments

• IMG_9693.jpg
    IMG_9693.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9692.jpg
    IMG_9692.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 51
so i may or may not have told you i got an dwarf red lily, and it currently has like 7 lilly pads on the surface and is blocking out light so i will move it or trim it, i plan on getting more of the plant though. i have wanted to set up a co2 system, but i want to set it up on multiple tanks, is it possible to set up one big co2 tank and hock it up to multiple tanks any one know if this is possible and do you have a website/video?

Yes, regarding the single CO2 tank/regulator and multiple tanks. I have not done this myself but there is a splitter/manifold that can be connected to a CO2 regulator. I believe it fits in where the fine needle adjustment would go. This manifold has multiple outlets with a fine needle adjustment knobs (one for each tank). I don't think they are cheap, however, they should cost less than separate regulators and CO2 tanks.

so i am selling a lot of my platy and molly fry from my 10, 30 and 20 gallon fry tank and i will then breed the kribinisis in the 20 gallon baby tank, i am going t get some live foods and some brine shrimp eggs.

which one of these is male and which is female?

I'm only seeing males. The fish in the top photo is definitely male though

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Back
Top Bottom