Loach lovers, show me your loaches!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fishninja I LOVE your loaches! It's still hard to believe that mine will grow that big :) do yours dig up your plants?

Ha! I just moved them into a 40 gallon...woke up this morn and they had uprooted bubbler, thrown rocks around! Had to rearrange everything...and i disturbed them...they were both laying under a clam shell...so funny. Yes, they are beasts, but so cute. I got mine at same time, both have grown, but one is huge! It says 5.5 inches online, but the one is way bigger! Ha i love them too, thanks!

Fishninja I LOVE your loaches! It's still hard to believe that mine will grow that big :) do yours dig up your plants?

Lol mine are only 2 and a half inches so they aren't huge yet. They don't disturb plants but they make huge caves and tunnels under driftwood and rocks

Lol mine are only 2 and a half inches so they aren't huge yet. They don't disturb plants but they make huge caves and tunnels under driftwood and rocks

Mine is less than an inch... That's what I think he is doing but he ends up digging up the plants... He also makes his rounds around the tank and watching everybody in the room around him

I'd say a 10 gal is fine to start, if your fish is small... But you should upgrade as your fish need more room. I started with a 20 gal, just moved to 40.

My loaches are cute, but most of the time they burrow in and come out only at feeding...or to play/find each other...then back. I thought my black loach was dead... Turns out he is fine, happy, and healthy...living in the coral. It was a nice surprise yesterday when i moved them over. Wish i got a pic! He's gone again....lol

See? Thats my biggest, lying under plant. You can see the orange tail and fins!

Sent from my HTC Desire 601 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1388453807155.jpg
    1388453807155.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 64
If you are lucky like me and find an itty bitty one that would be fine for a little while... I swear mine doesn't know that he is a "bottom feeder" so he is ALL over the tank all the time...

I think mine might be special if you know what I mean..... He likes to stick his head outa water and spin in a circle and look around then go back under water... He does this once an hour almost...

Hahaha I guess so... He's also kinda lonely cause he was a rescue so I just got him friends but they are still in QT

Good news y'all!!! I found one!!! Picking him up at 5 after work today!!!! Happy dance commences tonight!!! :)

Yep I found one just a little bit bigger than baby! Boyfriend and I are going to get him now

We are on our way home with the new baby plus a baby puffer for the boyfriend.... Can't go anywhere with him...

Any pictures of him

When I put my second one in they wouldn't leave each other's sides

I'll get some tonight! I was floating him in the tank and baby ( the one I already had) was sitting up there right on the bag like they were talking!!! :) and I put the guppies I had in QT in and baby started swimming towards them just wanting to play and the hid from him!!! RUDE! Haha I beamed the new one buddy!

Back
Top Bottom