Loach lovers, show me your loaches!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Molly photo bombed he's hiding in the plant! It's hard to get a good pic of this one

i see it!! i like your molly too :) its sometimes extremely hard to get good pics of kuhli loaches. how many do you have in there? hiding in the plants is a good indication that there isn't enough company for it.

Just wanted to make sure my kuhlis are healthy, i have 3 large ones all about 3-4 inches and in the morning they all go biserk and swim around the tank, is this normal? Some times they come out during day time but mostly at night and morning. My tank has alot of anacharis and assorted crypts that they love to swim in.

For something different, one of my unidentified Schistura sp. loaches. Look like S. mahnerti or one of several similar species from Assam and SE Asia. I have 3 of them in my hillstream tank, where they have each established own territory. Mostly rest on rocks and snatch food from powerhead current.

How many kuhlis do you guys think I should put in my tank? It's a 56 gallon, 30L x 18W x 24h, and the only other bottom feeders will be 5 cories and a rubberlip pleco. The middle/top swimmers will be pretty heavily stocked, though. I didn't realize before today that kuhlis have such a small bioload and only got 4 inches!

How many kuhlis do you guys think I should put in my tank? It's a 56 gallon, 30L x 18W x 24h, and the only other bottom feeders will be 5 cories and a rubberlip pleco. The middle/top swimmers will be pretty heavily stocked, though. I didn't realize before today that kuhlis have such a small bioload and only got 4 inches!

5-6 they love to be in large groups and you will see them during the day.

I would put 10

This is my Kuhli Loach!! Took me ages to get this photo coz they are crazy fast swimmers! ?

Attachments

• image-251926528.jpg
    image-251926528.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 100
Only one cause he was a rescue from the pet store... And there were no more of them.... A little kid wanted him to feed to his big fish... So when little kid was asking his momma for him I told the guy with the net to give me the baby

5a9uha8a.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire 601 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh ok, that's good, good job!

Do you plan on keeping more?

Yes eventually. He was supposed to go into my boyfriends tank but he showed up in mine over night the other night... Fishy fishy...

What would be good to go with him? I can't find anymore of him ... I've looked... I will have to get him offline and I'm worried about getting one too big that would hurt him...

I have 3 loaches, 2 Blue Botia Loaches..they are so funny and cute. The one is the biggest fish in the tank...it is huge. They hide under things, laying on their sides or slipping into the coral. So cute. I also have a black kuhli loach, but it mostly lives in coral, don't see him often. They are awesome fish!

Finding a new hiding spot

Attachments

• 1388417982162.jpg
    1388417982162.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 88
One of my clown loaches

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1388423293065.jpg
    1388423293065.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 78
Thanks, your little fella looks awesome.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom